Adobe has shown off a public preview of its snazzy new web motion and interaction design tool, Adobe Edge.
There’s no sign of Flash in this product – something that should make Steve Jobs happy – with the product creating its magic via strict HTML standards.
Adobe say that the product is meant to enhance their current range of web authoring offerings and isn’t intend to replace existing tools like Dreamweaver or Flash,.
Adobe have released a video preview on the software (see below) and it’s currently available to download for free here.
Adobe Edge highlights and features:
This version of Edge focuses primarily on adding rich motion design to new or existing HTML projects, that runs beautifully on devices and desktops.
- Create new compositions with Edge’s drawing and text tools.
- Import popular web graphics such as SVG, PNG, JPG or GIF files.
- Easily choreograph animation with the timeline editor. Animate position, size, color, shape, rotation and more at the property level.
- Energize existing HTML files with motion, while preserving the integrity of CSS-based HTML layouts.
- Copy and paste transitions, invert them, and choose from over 25 built-in easing effects for added creativity.