We’ve been mightily impressed with the tablet version of Adobe’s top-notch photo editing app Adobe Photoshop Touch, so we’re stoked to see the graphics giant releasing a smartphone version.
Offering “core Photoshop features,” the £2.99 app offers the same “intuitive, touch-based gestures and features,” as its bigger brother and is available on Android 4.0+ and iOS 5 on an iPhone 4S or iPod touch fifth generation or later.
Supporting large images up to 12 megapixels, the powerful app offers popular Photoshop features like layers, selection tools, adjustments and filters, plus painting effects and filter brushes.
It’s also possible to start a project on your phone and carry on working with it on your tablet or desktop PC if you’re signed up Adobe Creative Cloud. The free membership to this service provides 2GB of cloud storage.
Stand out features:
- Improve your photos using classic Photoshop features to bring out the best in your photography. Apply precise tone and color adjustments to your entire composition, a particular layer, or a select area.
- Create something other-worldly using painting effects, filter brushes, and so much more. With Photoshop Touch, the creative possibilities are endless.
- Make your images pop with graphical text. Apply strokes, add drop shadows and fades, and more.
- Take advantage of your device’s camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique Camera Fill feature.
- Quickly combine images together. Select part of an image to extract just by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With the Refine Edge feature, use your fingertip to easily capture hard-to-select image elements, like hair.
- Work on high-resolution images while maintaining the highest image quality. Images up to 12 megapixels are supported.