Bruce Springsteen’s “go-cart Mozart” may have been checkin’ out the weather charts see if it was safe outside, but these days meteorological matters can be consulted speedier with Oregon’s new Helios Solar Weather Station.
Their new weather gizmo comes with a built-in solar panel to extend the battery life, and lets you monitor the current temperature and humidity in up to 3 locations around your home.
The weather station forecasts the weather for the next 12+ hours and displays the daily high/low memory for outdoor/indoor temperature and humidity.
There’s also an ‘Atomic Clock’ function with auto-Daylight Savings Time adjustment to make sure you’re on time, plus a backlight for low light conditions.
- Displays indoor/outdoor temperature and humidity (up to 3 channel)
- Forecasts the weather for the next 12+ hours
- Solar panel draws from ambient light to power the unit and extend battery life
- Daily high/low memory for outdoor/indoor temperature and humidity
- Ice Alert function: LED light blinks when outdoor temperature nears icy conditions
- Atomic Clock function automatically sets and adjusts for Daylight Savings Time
- Backlight for easy viewing in low light conditions
- Features date and US time zones
- Wirelessly transmits data from 100 ft. away
- Requires 3 AA batteries, not included
- Includes THGN132 wireless sensor
The Helios is currently only available for $54.99 at Oregon Scientific’s online store, but in the UK there’s some similar products available – the Oregon Scientific Solar Powered RC Clock RMR802 which knocks out for £30 and the Oregon Scientific Solar Powered Weatherstation W/Alert which packs more features for around £50.