The sole product produced by a one man Brit company, the Minirig is a portable speaker that has taken three years to develop – and we think it’s something of a game changer.
Arriving in eco-friendly cardboard packaging, the cylindrical shape and metallic finish are immaculately finished, with the exterior made from a single machined piece of anodised aluminium.
Top-quality materials are employed throughout, with the unit feeling reassuringly sold and weighty, and its tough looks suggesting it can take a few knocks on the road.
Offering 15 watts of power with a 50 hour battery life, the Minirig packs a high quality 3 inch (76mm) neodymium loudspeaker driver.
There’s no power switch – the speaker automatically turns on when a USB lead is connected – with colourful LED transitions fading through green, blue, purple and finally red to indicate battery status.
There’s two jack sockets on the side offering high or low gain inputs, or the ability to hook up extra speaker units, although there’s no wireless options onboard.
Let’s just get the important bit out of the way: the three-inch neodymium loudspeaker is LOUD. Very loud.
And it sounds great too, serving up a punchy, crisp soundstage that will easily fill a bedroom or small office. And then some.
Priced at just £85, the Minirig offers fantastic value for money and we can’t think of any speakers that can come close in terms of build quality or battery life at the price.
Although it’s a stripped down affair without any of the wireless and stereo capabilities of its rivals – we recommend the Frankenspiel FS-1 speakers for desktops – this is a fantastic portable speaker likely to outlive and out-perform anything under £100 and above.
Loud, compact, beautifully constructed and a pleasure to listen to, we can heartily recommend Pasce Minirig 3, and hope that this exciting start-up gets the custom it deserves.
– Sound quality
– Value for money
Tech specs and key features
- A portable loudspeaker with loud crisp sound
- Rechargeable lithium battery lasts over 50 hours
- Large 3” neodymium driver gives powerful bass
- Durable anodised aluminium casing
- Huge 15 Watt amplifier with intelligent electronics
- Simple to use and charges from USB
- 3.5mm Jack inputs connect to any music source
- Small and light with reliable robust construction
- Colour of LED lets you know battery level
- A smooth and balanced frequency response
- Multiple units can combine for more output
- Inbuilt audio limiter system avoids distortion
- Dimensions (height x diameter)
- Loudspeaker driver: 3 inch neodymium
- Power: 15 WATTS
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium polymer
- Battery life: 9 to 60 hours (volume dependent)
- Weight: 425g
- Size: 101mm x 73mm
- Charging: 8 hours from any USB port
- Construction: Anodised aluminium and polycarbonate