The crew at PreCentral have been doing some digging and have uncovered features not listed in the Palm webOS 1.3.1 documentation we posted last week.
Of course, us UK users are still having to sit about and whistle while we wait for the update to be made available to European GSM users (some time this month is the official word), but here’s the other tweaks and goodies we can expect.
- The browser now actually scores on the acid3 benchmarking test, getting a whopping 77, up from its previous score of zero.
- The Web browser preferences screen now has an option to use a different default search engine, though Google is currently the only option.
- International dialing options are now in phone preferences
- A new animation is displayed when the phone is powering down.
- Screen captures are only saved in the PNG format, as opposed to saving as both PNG and JPG.
- Layout of UI elements in Photos app has changed, and now appear at the bottom of the screen
- The Photos app is much snappier in general.
- New Sprint TV interface.
- Delete all option available in trash folder in email
- WebOS 1.3.1 has laid the groundwork for video recording by including the Linux binaries needed to record video that is compatible with the stock media player
Obviously we’ll be missing out on the Sprint TV bit, but the photos app was definitely in need of a speed boost and it’s great to see the groundwork being laid for video recording.
Read more at [PreCentral]