Aimed straight at the budget end of the market, Orange UK has announced the curiously monikered San Francisco, which is the company’s first own-branded Android phone.
Costing a mere £99 on Orange’s “Dolphin” pay-as-you-go plan, the ‘Frisco serves up a 3.2-megapixel camera, capacitive touchscreen and Android 2.1 Eclair.
The screen is way better than you might expect at this price point, with the handset offering a rather sumptuous 800 x 480 pixels OLED number.
Connectivity boxes are also ticked off with WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR and GPS onboard, along with 3G+ and an FM radio.
The storage cupboards are a little bare inside – there’s just 150MB of internal memory- but at least there’s a 2GB microSD card included, and you can upgrade the card right up to 32GB.
The Frisco can disco in your pocket with its slender 116 x 56.5 x 11.8mm dimensions, it weighs 130g, and offers 4hrs talktime or nine days standby.
Full specification list:
- Talk Time: 4 hours
- Standby Time: 9 days
- Weight: 130g
- Dimensions: 116 x 56.5 x 11.8
- Camera Features: 3 megapixel
- Connectivity: WiFi / Bluetooth / USB / SatNav
- Music: MP3 / FM Radio
- Network Band: Tri band
- Video: Messaging
- Memory: 150 MB internal / Up to 32gb Micro SD Card
- Email: POP3 / IMAP4
- Data Speed: 3G +
- Operating System: Android
- Version: Eclair v2.1
- Other: Orange WiFi, Your Account
- Applications and Features: Orange Maps, Orange Messenger by Windows Live, Orange App Store, Email, Orange Wednesdays