An updated version of the Skyfire web browser has been released for Symbian S60 3rd and 5th edition smartphones.
The free app claims to bring a PC-like browsing experience to mobile devices, with the latest version adding full support for high-resolution screens, an updated, finger-friendly user interface (UI), crisper text, smoother zooming with kinetic movement, and a full-screen mode that maximises screen real estate.
Skyfire is the only mobile browser currently supporting Flash 10, Silverlight 3.0 and Windows Media, and features a customisable homepage integrating RSS feeds, Facebook and Twitter feeds, with the ability to tweet and publish Facebook updates with just one click.
The browser can also display streaming content including web video and live events.
- “Full web” mobile browser: The only mobile web browser to support all the rich media on the web for a PC-like web browsing experience.
- Watch any video: Skyfire is the only mobile browser that gives access to the full media experience on the internet by supporting Flash 10, Silverlight 3.0 and Windows Media. Catch up on the freshest sports commentary, celebrity gossip or TV on your phone!
- Share instantly: Easily share what you find on the web or what you are up to. Post web pages and status updates to Facebook and Twitter, with one click!
- Stay connected: Check your Gmail, follow your friends’ Facebook and Twitter updates, and keep track of news, sports, video and other content in your own customizable activity feed.
- Blazing fast: Skyfire fires up fast and web pages load quickly. Skyfire is the fastest mobile browser available in market.
Skyfire now comes in three flavours; Symbian S60 3rd Edition, S60 5th Edition (in beta) and Windows Mobile and is available for free at get.skyfire.com.