Chinese budget smartphone supremos ZTE have rustled up another enticingly cheap offering in the shape of the ZTE Blade 3.
For a modest outlay of just £80,
skinflint financially astute users can bask in the glow of a generous 4-inch 800 x 480 TFT display.
The screen may be amply proportioned, but a peek inside the engine room reveals the budget origins,with just a 1GHz single-core processor powering the device, backed by a mere thimbleful of RAM (512MB) and 4GB of internal storage, with only 2.5GB is available for use.
Running the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich OS, the handset has a 5MP rear camera and a decent sized 1,600mAh battery.
All in all, that’s not a bad set of specs for the price, which is just £69.99 plus £10 PAYG top up, or you can bag the blighter for nowt on contract, with monthly fees starting from £13 per month (for Virgin Media customers).
ZTE Blade III specifications
- 4-inch (800×480 pixels) 262K TFT Capacitive Touch Screen display
- 1GHz single-core Qualcomm MSM 7227 A processor
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS
- 5MP auto focus camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal memory (2.5GB user memory), Micro SD memory card up to 32 GB
- 3G (HSDPA 7.2Mbps), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Bluetooth 2.1 + A2DP, GPS
- 1600 mAh battery